cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amey7p
Level 3

getting error as install failed...some errors occured during installation

Hi

i am using InstallAnywhere 6.1 enterprise edition while running installar exe at last screen it shows that

install failed some errors occured during installation for more information refer to log file..

but i am not able 2 find any log file..moreover any idea why i am getting such errors? please let me know path for log file(some NONFATAL ERROR value which i got for install_success variable)

Thanks,
- Amey
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

It's most likely that your log file has never been enabled. When you open your Advanced designer with your project just look at the main window, you have there an option towards the lower part of the screen which says "Installation log": you have to check "Generate installation log during installation". This way you'll have this log generated during install and you will be able to check it for errors.
0 Kudos
amey7p
Level 3

thnx dude...never checked @ tht button let me generate log n thn i will chk thnxxxxxxxxx
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ur welcome... dude! 🙂
0 Kudos
amey7p
Level 3

can u tell me in which folder log will b generated?
0 Kudos
amey7p
Level 3

not log generated 😞
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Have you waited for the installer to finish? The log is not written to the disk until the installer has completely finished and you've closed it!
0 Kudos
amey7p
Level 3

yes....can u tell me in which directory thr will be log file? & file name?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

It can be wherever you want it to be: you only have to set the following variable $INSTALL_LOG_DESTINATION$ to $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ in the Pre-Install task for instance, thus the log will be created at the root of your application installation folder.
0 Kudos
amey7p
Level 3

thnx i got log now...

& here is the issue:

Modify Text File - Single File: No Target Chosen
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

Modify Text File - Single File: No Target Chosen
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated. Deferring...

this is error ..since i have used Modify Text file:

Existing File:$USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1$\deploy\jboss-web.deployer\server.xml

i have not used installed file option

so what should i do now?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible to post your project?
0 Kudos
amey7p
Level 3

thnxxxx for supporting problem solved.....

i jst changed modify file from:
$USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1$\deploy\jboss-web.deployer\server.xml

to

$USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1$/$deploy$/$jboss-web.deployer$/$server.xml

then it worked 🙂

thnxxxxxxx
0 Kudos