cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emalloy
Level 3

extracting large files

I recently added a mysql database to our installer and it won't extract.   InstallAnywhere has no problem (other than an excessively long time collecting) resources adding the files.  However when I got to install it continually asks for a new location to extract to.   This occurs on a windows 7 machine with 1 TB of free HD space, while running the installer as administrator.  The installer itself is just a bit over 3GB and uncompressed the dB is just a shade under 5GB.   No matter what location I give it to extract to it just keeps wanting a new one.  It also doesn't create any log in the temp directory it creates.  All files in the extraction directory are 0 bytes.

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
VineethaNair
Level 6

Hi emalloy,

Can you let us know which version of InstallAnywhere you are using?
Please also share the screenshot of the message displayed.

0 Kudos

Yes, of course.  It is InstallAnywhere 2020

0 Kudos

Hi emalloy,

In case you are using Speed Folder, it has known issue when configured to install
archive file with size more than 4GB. But in such scenario it throws an exception
whereas no exception is seen in the details mentioned.

One scenario where installer continuously asks for a new location, even when
adequate space is available, is when a payload attached is corrupted. An installer
with a corrupted payload launches, then repeatedly prompts the user for a new
location in an endless loop.  Verify that the added files are not corrupted.

After replacing the corrupted files if the issue still
persist raise a support ticket.

0 Kudos

How would you define "corrupt".   There are quite a few files that mysql needs to run along with the data itself.  I assume that install anywhere doesn't know the format of mysql's binary files or has any need too.  In which case I  believe you mean something more general when you say "corrupt".  Is there any easy way to tell what Install Anywhere would consider a corrupt file?  Once it is packaged I don't know if there is any way for me to tell if its been put in the package correctly or not.

0 Kudos