cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

deploying external files

I have a business requirement for my IA installer to detect a folder that is placed in the same directory as the install.exe (and the equivalent for other platforms) and copy its contents to the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$.

The files inside of this folder aren't constant and our dev team will be chopping and changing its contents.

Apparently ISMP used to be able to support this sort of functionality. The decision to go down this route goes against my better judgement, so help to do this smartly and / or valid reasons not to do this are both welcome!

I am currently using IA 2008 VP1 and the project contains a single SpeedFolder. My recommendation to build the install on a build machine everytime a change has been made (a 38sec build) has been frowned apon.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
daclear
Level 4

You can use the "Copy Folder Action" to settle this problem.
For the original part,choose "Existing Folder" and set the path to $INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$$/$[Your_folder_name].
And for the destination part, set the path to $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$/$[your_destination].

The variable "$INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$" is the path where the install.exe launched.

Hope this can help.
0 Kudos
Ray_Portrait
Level 6

Unfortunately I am using Standard version of IA, as far as I can see this is Enterprise functionality... 😞
0 Kudos