cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nileshrathodn
Level 6

common package for all OS

Hi all,
I want only one package that run on any OS.
I don't want different .bin or other packages for different OS.
Is it possible??
I am using InstallAnyWhere Enterprise edition 2009...

Thanks in advance,
Nilesh Rathod.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I think this is the option of building a single .jar but it'll need to be invoked using java.
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
I think this is the option of building a single .jar but it'll need to be invoked using java.

hi,
I want to build sigle file of installer.
(I mean I build it using IA enterprise edition 2009.) How to do so using it??
I dont know how to build project using java?????

Thanks & Regards,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You said in your initial post that you want to build a single package to be run on any OS. This can be achieved only if your installer is a .jar file, otherwise you'll have binaries specific to the platform (an .exe for Windows, a .bin for Unices etc.)
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
You said in your initial post that you want to build a single package to be run on any OS. This can be achieved only if your installer is a .jar file, otherwise you'll have binaries specific to the platform (an .exe for Windows, a .bin for Unices etc.)

Hi,
Yes, but can you tell me how to do that using IA enterprise edition 2009???

Thanks & Regards,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I don't have the IA 2009, but this must be similar: in your Advanced Designer just go to the Build tab and choose Unix (ALL) and Other Java-Enabled Platforms: this won't bundle the VM and should generate a single .jar
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
I don't have the IA 2009, but this must be similar: in your Advanced Designer just go to the Build tab and choose Unix (ALL) and Other Java-Enabled Platforms: this won't bundle the VM and should generate a single .jar

Hi,

Thanks, it's working, I have checked on windows..
Dont know about other platforms but it must be working....
I will tell you after checking.......

Thanks & Regards,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos