cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psreeky
Level 2

case insensitive comparison and IA variables

I'd appreciate if someone can answer my questions.

1) Can I do compare variables with case insensitive option in InstallAnywhere 2009 version?

2) If I create a property value, as a result of some operation, from ant script to InstallAnywhere variable? In other words, can an ant script property be used as an InstallAnywhere variable?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
buogr01
Level 4

You can accomplish what you want using Java and extending CustomCodePanel, taking advantage of the CustomCodePanel proxy. I ended up doing something very similar using eclipse and the visual editor following this document:
http://www.acresso.com/webdocuments/PDF/ia_create_cust_code_panel_eclipse.pdf

In short you need to extend CustomCodePanel then override the methods as stated in the document. Then you can use the proxy to get/set variables from InstallAnywhere. And you can use Java's .equalsIgnoreCase to validate case insensitive.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
psreeky
Level 2

Hi!

Thanks for the tip. I was not sure if there was any built-in way that I was missing in the documentation.
I cannot believe that there is no default option to do a case-insensitive comparison.
Anyhow, I had to write custom java code to accomplish this after trying for a day.

-Thx.
0 Kudos