cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zedex_85
Level 2

can this be done ??

hi
we are trying to beult package installaion for our product on HP-UX i have not downloaded
installenywhere 8 but i read the documentation but i didnt get how can i use or it can be used
as per our requirement.

we want to create unix users & groups. no of users created depends upon the input given by
user for eg . if its 12 then 1 user & 1 group is created if it does not exist and if its
24 then 3 users & 1 group are created if they does not exist. then i have to extract source
and then i have to create links ( i didnt get how this would happen, coz it was not explained
in documentation ). then i have to create bulk compilation script for compilation of programs in
one of the folders and then run some scripts which require some global variables needs ro be set
that means i have to login with newly created used and run them.( there is script which loads all
global varaibles and its added in .profile )

this are just the basic things i have basic shell script ready for this, one to
run from root and second to run from user login but user has to run this manually two scripts
can i make it a single command installer with installenywhere 8 ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

I suppose all this can be done but certainly not out of the box. You will need to create scripts or custom code to achieve part of this.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos