cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_manimuthu
Level 3

With VM option in Linux Build

I am trying to do the Linux build. Here there have an two options 'Without VM' & 'With VM'. The 'With VM' option is disabled. Is threre any to get he 'With VM' build output?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Yes, you need to have a valid VM in the IA installation folder, resource/installer_vms.
0 Kudos
k_manimuthu
Level 3

Yes,
For this folder having 'SunJRE160_15Win32.vm' file only. For my project i am getting the windows ( Without VM / With VM) and Linxu ( Without VM) build outputs. Here the Liux With VM options disabled. Can you guide me how to enable this option.
0 Kudos
madhavbantwal
Level 6

Hi k_manimuthu,

For every platform,there will be a corresponding VM pack (or a .vm file). When u install a windows Build Installanywhere comes with default a windows VM PACK. So,when you go to the designer you will be able to see the Windows target "with VM" option being enabled. If you wish the same for "Linux" "with VM" to be enabled Please visit below link and download a VM PACK which is for Linux (32/64 bit based on the requirement)

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installanywhere/files-utilities.htm

Once you download the desired VM PACK please navigate to your Installanywhere installed location "resource\installer_vms" and place the downloaded vm pack under this location and then restart your designer.

Similar way to follow for the rest of the platform excluding MACOSX.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Madhav Pai

InstallAnywhere Engineering
Flexera Software
0 Kudos
k_manimuthu
Level 3

After the placing the valid Linux VM into 'resource/installer_vms' folder, the option enabled and got the 'With VM' output.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
glogic
Level 3

Is there a VM for OSX? That is, in particular, for Lion. I looked on the site and see that there isn't one so far. When we get to a stopping point I intend on upgrading to SP2, which is supposed to be Lion compatible. For that to be true, it would need to include a VM
0 Kudos
madhavbantwal
Level 6

Hi glogic,

InstallAnywhere 2011 SP2 provides support for MAC OSX 10.7 (Lion)

InstallAnywhere is designed in a way to consume the operating system Java for MAC OSX.If a java application such as Installanywhere is tried to installed on MAC OSX and Java does not exits , MAC OSX downloads it automatically for you.

For More details related to support for Lion please refer the release notes

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/DocumentRepository/Installation/InstallAnywhere/InstallAnywhere%202011/01_Public/Product_Info/IA2011SP2ReleaseNotes.pdf

Thanks,
Madhav Pai

InstallAnywhere Engineering
Flexera Software
0 Kudos
glogic
Level 3

Ah, that makes sense thanks.

I had read the release notes but didn't see anything specific about what was changed to make SP2 compatible to 10.7. I've also heard a report from a user that changing the reported product number to 10.6.8 allowed our 2010 installer to run properly. I haven't verified that at this point.

Do you know if there's a more detailed list of changes which makes 2011 SP2 compatible for 10.7?

Thanks!!!
0 Kudos