cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmilyXiang
Level 3

Windows error 3 occured while loading java JVM

Hi,

I just upgraded IA from 2010 SP to 2011 SP2, when I launch the new package created with IA 2011 SP2, the error "Windows error 3 occured while loading java JVM" occured, I can not contiue to do installation.

I searched and found that this problem had ever occurred in IA2008, and had been fixed in later version, why it happened again in IA2011 SP2.

My Env is: Windows XP 32 bit, IA2011 SP1 with 4118 build Number.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Macintosh
Level 5

Can you try bundling a different JVM with the project and see if that resolves the issue? It is an issue with Java used and I remember that this kind of error comes with a corrupted JVM. If you are using system Java then uninstall and reinstall the Java instance.

-- Mac
0 Kudos
EmilyXiang
Level 3

Macintosh wrote:
Can you try bundling a different JVM with the project and see if that resolves the issue? It is an issue with Java used and I remember that this kind of error comes with a corrupted JVM. If you are using system Java then uninstall and reinstall the Java instance.

-- Mac

How can I bundle a different JVM with the project?
0 Kudos
EmilyXiang
Level 3

Macintosh wrote:
Here you go...

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/IA2011/Content/helplibrary/ia_working_with_vms.htm#Common_Solutions_895162321_999662

-- Mac

Hi Mac,

Thank you very much! It works well after I changed to another VM, but my question is why the VM can be used properly in IA2010 SP1, and now it does not work correctly in IA2011 SP2.
0 Kudos
avudaithangam
Level 5

Hi,
You can create a VM pack using IA 2011. File --> Create VM Pack.
0 Kudos
EmilyXiang
Level 3

Hi,

Thank you Mac and avudaithangam.

I have downloaded another new version SUN JVM from Flexera website, and if I use the new JVM, the new created package can be launched properly, but if I change back to our original JVM, the launching is failed with "Windows error 3...".

My question is why our JVM can work properly in IA 2010 SP1, but now it can not be used in IA 2011 SP2 any longer, if there is the incompatibility of JVM problem in IA 2011 SP2?

Thanks & Regards,
Emily
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

When creating your VM pack have you followed instruction listed here: http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q000195
Maybe there was something older IA version would allow but which is no longer allowed in newer IA version in respect to the VM.
0 Kudos
EmilyXiang
Level 3

Hi Vlad,

You are right, our original JVMs are not compatible with the new rules you mentioned.

I recreated the JVMs, then the problem gone, thank you very much!

Emily
0 Kudos