amusku
Level 5

What is the recommended Build Distribution

Hi,

I could see 3 Build Distributions
1. WebInstaller
2. CD-ROM Installer
3. Merge Module

But I don't want 2 and 3. I need the build out put which gives an executable file only which can be copied on to the CD as well.

In WebInstaller it gives executable file but gives a link to downlod. is there any way to automatically get the executable in build outputfolder.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

The files are in the subfolders...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Ajaykumar.
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Build output contains following folderInside

BE_Server_Build_Output\Web_Installers\InstData

Under InstData there are 3 folders and 2 files
1. com
2. Images
3. Windows ----> NoVM ---> install
4 WebInst.zip
5. WebInst.jar

But do I need to have all these files to install on any Windows machine? or only "install" file which is under NoVM is enough
Please let me know about this
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Unfortunately, if you want to build WebInstallers this is the output you'll always have (I get the same, and while I only use what I find in the NoVM folder, I don't mind getting some extra folders). Is this such an issue to you?
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Thanks for your reply.
Can't I avoid all the other folders Except NoVM. What I am saying is I need only one executable file which I can copy and run on 'n' number of machines.
Is there any way to achieve this.
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Thanks for your reply.
Can't I avoid all the other folders Except NoVM. What I am saying is I need only one executable file which I can copy and run on 'n' number of machines.
Edit/Delete Message
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

amusku wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
Edit/Delete Message

Thanks for your reply.
Edit/Delete Message
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

No you can't. The exe is there, just use it... Where is the problem?

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos