cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dealkema
Level 3

Verbose Logging?

I used InstallShield for a lot of years to build MSI installs, but I've got a "special" project that requires the use of InstallAnywhere. I have to say the change is frustrating ...

How do I get really verbose logging? I can't tell if my actions fired and didn't work or if the conditions didn't fall out the way I want.

I have the install generating a plain text log file. I also have it outputting debug information at critical points and stdout and stderr are writing to text files as well. The property outputs don't seem to output all the standard variables.

I guess what I'd like is something like the verbose MSI log where I can see everything in the order it occurred. Timestamps would be nice. Is there a way to do this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
stang2
Level 3

Were you able to retrieve the information you were looking for in a log file output? This post is 2 years ago so I hope you figured it out and could help us do the same? 🙂 If my IA2011 fails at any point it does not create the log file output. Would be great to have a log file that I could 'tail' to see when it failed.
0 Kudos