cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User specify multiple shortcut locations?

I am using the Standard edition. When the installer runs it only lets the user select one location where a shortcut will be created. Is it possible to allow the user to select multiple locations where a shortcut will be created, e.g. (for Windows) both in the Start Menu and on the desktop?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Unfortunately, this is not possible by default not even in the Enterprise edition. But as Custom Code is not possible in the Standard Edition I guess you're stuck (unless using some workaround like copying the shortcuts from one place to one or several other places).
0 Kudos
amul_mitm
Level 4

Well, all I can say is you CAN have a GetUserInput panel (which, unfortunately, is only available with enterprise...) and based on check boxes, create link in various folders (BTW, all possible folders where one can create a shortcut are listed in the Destination Folder Path.) checking input in variables, adding rules to these copy action... but even simple input panel is not available in Std edition. Sorry mate, cant help ya...:(
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, all I can say is you CAN have a GetUserInput panel (which, unfortunately, is only available with enterprise...) and based on check boxes, create link in various folders

What I'd want is basically the same shortcuts panel as is available in Standard, except that the user could select multiple locations instead of a single location. Sounds like that would require Enterprise, thanks for the info.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Larry, I guess that when it comes to what standard panels are available in one or another of the IA flavours (Standard vs. Enterprise) the choice is pretty much the same, what I meant by my previous post was this: the default Choose Alias, Link, Shortcut Folder Panel uses RADIO buttons and not checkboxes (thus stopping the end-user to choose more than one location for the installed application shortcuts) and that is true for the Enterprise version, too! What Enterprise has and Standard doesn't is the possibility of using developped Custom Code which can mean a Custom Panel that would mimick the standard Choose Alias, Link, Shortcut Folder Panel but which would use CHECKBOXES, thus acheiving what you want.
0 Kudos