cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattd123
Level 3

User-specified MySQL JDBC jar for Database Server

Hi,

I am unable to ship the MySQL JDBC driver with my application for licensing reasons.

To get around this, I have a "Choose File" panel that tells the user of my installer to download the MySQL JDBC driver themselves and point me to their driver. The path to the driver they downloaded is stored in an InstallAnywhere variable (i.e. $MYSQL_DRIVER_PATH$).

I would like to run an SQL script using the MySQL JDBC driver stored in that InstallAnywhere variable. But, this does not seem possible.
When I go to configure a MySQL Database Server Host, I click on the "Custom Driver Settings" checkbox and put "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" under the JDBC Driver Class heading.
However, I am unable to put $MYSQL_DRIVER_PATH$ under the Dependencies section.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might get this to work?
Or, is there an alternative to this that might work?

Thanks for the help,

Matt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

0 Kudos
mattd123
Level 3

There were two issues in that thread and one of them does not seem to be resolved in IA 2009 SP 1.
I'm using IA 2009 SP 1. It doesn't fix the problem I've described where you want to use the MySQL JDBC driver from the user (instead of one packaged with your installer).
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, the other option is to license from Mysql (Sun (Oracle)) the right to redistribute the connector (see: http://solutions.mysql.com/partners/)
0 Kudos
Sravan
Level 3

HI,

Dynamically load the Jar to the Class Loader of the when it is required. you can remove the jar from the Install Anywhere class path.

Thanks.
0 Kudos