cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosrednayduj
Level 7

$UNINSTALL_SUCCESS$ erroneously reports INCOMPLETE

Our product creates a lot of files, and the user is given the option on uninstall of "keep my changes" or "delete all". In the "delete all" case, we have to go into the directory during post-install and recursively delete all the spare files. I've got custom code for this -- it skips the uninstaller directory and the installer_jre directory, as those are in use, and will be cleaned up by IA upon exit.

If I use GUI mode, everything works perfectly. However, in CONSOLE mode, it prints the message that happens when $UNINSTALL_STATUS$ = INCOMPLETE (which I've changed to "user added files were retained" for clarity on the Keep My Changes case). The files were NOT retained -- they were deleted.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Why is console uninstallation different from GUI uninstallation in terms of testing whether its files have gone away? (I put in a show message right at the end so it would stop and I could verify that in fact the JRE/uninstaller files are all that's there, and the set of files is identical to those which are there during the properly functioning GUI uninstall. So it's not different from this vantage point.)

Help! All our linux customers use Console mode, so it's not just a lark that I tested it.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Aasher
Level 2

maybe some of your components miss Key File.
0 Kudos