cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YigalErez
Level 2

Self Extracting Installer Created with InstallAnywhere 2020SP1 is stuck at 0 Installing

Hi All,

I have upgraded my installer project from IA 2015 to IA 2020SP1 and recreated the application Self Extracting Installer.

The package was created successfully without any errors. When we run the installer it passes all the pre-install screens and moves to installing and gets stuck at 0% installing forever until being killed.

We have noticed that it gets stuck only on systems that have a prior installation and a copy of: C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry\.com.zerog.registry.xml file.
Issue was verified by deleting the created ".com.zerog.registry.xml" file after the install, which then allows to run the IA2020SP1 installer successfully.

The issue also happens if I run the same installer over and over on the same system, each time the same installer gets stuck unless I delete the '.com.zerog.registry.xml' file from prior install.

Stuck_Installer.JPGWorking_Installer.JPG

The '.com.zerog.registry.xml' file is only 1.05 KB (1,077 bytes), so it is not related to the file size limit issue.

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Prabhu_Navis
Level 3

I am also facing the same issue.

We are having this issue in both IA2017 & IA2020.  It runs only after manually deleting the zerog registry folder.

Not sure why the action "uninstall registries" configured in IAP project doesn't do this automatically.

Need a solution ASAP

0 Kudos