cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william01
Level 3

Script that calls other scripts

Hello all,

I would like to make an InstallAnywhere script that calls other InstallAnywhere child scripts. Each child script would build a different software component. That way I can mix and match different components using different parent scripts. Reading the documentation, I had originally thought that merge modules would accomplish this. However, it appears that merge modules only allow you to import files into a parent script that were already archived into the module at an earlier time. I would like a method to call child scripts that import files at the time they are called. Am I misunderstanding how merge modules work? If not, is there a way I can do this?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

You can develop separate installers and have them called at will (but again you would need the child installers when you run the parent installer).
0 Kudos
william01
Level 3

Thanks. Would you mind explaining how I might go about doing this? I see how I could run an already built installer from within another installer, by incorporating it like a file and then running an execute command on it. But I can't at present see how I can have one script call another at build time.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

At build time the only thing I know are the merge modules.
0 Kudos