Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jomonp
Level 3

Running directory

Hi

I have an IA installation setup at mounted network location /nw/jomon

I am running the installation from a location /local/dir1/dir2 as /nw/jomon/Solaris/Disk1/InstData/VM/install.bin

Is there any IA Variable or some other workaround to find out the location from where it is launched(i.e. /local/dir1/dir2)?

something like a `pwd` from a shellscript 🙂
Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
henrypootel
Level 3

i want to know if we can do this too!
0 Kudos
jomonp
Level 3

After a lot of searching, finally I could find out that there is an environment variable 'PWD' set for the current directory in UNIX. So I used $lax.nl.env.PWD$ in InstallAnywhere for the same.

It is working for me in whatever scenarios I tested till now.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Quoting from the IA manual, as it seems that there is an builtin IA variable for this:

"$INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$ This is a full path to the installer's self-extractor. This variable is read-only"
0 Kudos
jomonp
Level 3

yes, $INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$ will give you the location of the self extractor. But my requirement was like this... I have kept the installer in Dir1 and I go to Dir2 and run Dir1/Disk1/InstData/Solaris/VM/install.bin.

$INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$ will give you the path Dir1/Disk1/InstData/Solaris/VM where I wanted the path Dir2.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You're running the JVM installation separately?!?
0 Kudos
jomonp
Level 3

no. I have just selected the "with VM" build option. if I am at /home directory and running /tmp/Solaris/InstData/VM/install.bin, the value of lax.nl.env.PWD is /home and the value of $INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$ is /tmp/Solaris/InstData/VM. That is what I have observed.
0 Kudos