cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramalaks
Level 6

Rollback during postinstall

I want to rollback based on any failure that occurs during installation. so, I have user IA variable to set success, failure. at the end of installation during post install, based on this variable, if failure, i want to run the uninstaller silently of the installer that is being installed. Will this work?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
aaa123
Level 3

ramalaks wrote:
I want to rollback based on any failure that occurs during installation. so, I have user IA variable to set success, failure. at the end of installation during post install, based on this variable, if failure, i want to run the uninstaller silently of the installer that is being installed. Will this work?

Not sure if it 'works' and completely removes files for you, but worth a shot. IMHO, IA should really build this in their framework and rollback all components being put down. ISMP has this feature and IA people should really consider to pull that in their 'robust' tooling. I can't believe after several releases, IA is still lacking behind the very old ISMP in features....oh well, at least I can use IA to install notepad!
0 Kudos
ramalaks
Level 6

I tried and running uninstaller silently did not work well.

i have to only use the rollback handler. but in this case, install can be cancell only duing install task. even after that it leaves entry in Zero G registry and add/remove programs.
0 Kudos