cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

Reinstallation and installation of additional features

At first installation with my installer, I have not choosen to install all features of the product.
Now I start the setup again, choose the same install directory to install additional features, so now here are my questions:

1) InstallShield MP normally autoselect the last installation directory of the product. This makes installation of additional features much easier for the customer, because he don't need to browse to this directory manually.
How can I enable this inside IA 2008?

2) InstallShield MP recognizes, that inside the directory already exists an installed product. So the feature-choose panel is prefilled with the already installed features. (they have a comment like "installed" behind their nodes inside the feature tree, and if you want to reinstall the feature, then you must check them)
How can I enable this behaviour in IA2008?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

They are not available...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

They cancelled InstallShield MP and IA2008 has so much less features!?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I guess they had to. I'm not sure you know that when Macrovision bought ZeroG, the company that created IA, they immediately killed IA.NET, IS competitor. In a way it does make sense, now it is true that IA might lack some features that ISMP had, nevertheless be assured that there are also A LOT of feature clients of IA ask for like for 3 4 or more years! Like for instance the undo / redo, or copy & paste from multiple projects etc. And those features are still not here despite the number of people asking for them and the time they had to implement them...
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Narf.

I thought they have cancelled IA.NET, because IS was the better choice.
So I thought they cancelled IS MP, because IA is the better one...

Seems its time for a new competitor.
0 Kudos