cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernrud
Level 3

Rebranding in runtime

Is there a way to change the background image, splash screen, and icon images at run time? I need the installer to handle custom branding by a team AFTER the build completes.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

No, this is not possible. I was asked to do something similar a long time ago, the only workaround I could find was to have a wrapper installer that would mimick the preinstall wizard and then wold create the installer.properties file and would launch our installer in silent mode.
0 Kudos
ernrud
Level 3

Thanks for conformation. The wrapper idea is a really good suggestion. The user who wants to rebrand the installer doesn't want to code at all so I could write a little program to create the install.properties and run the installer.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Yes, but in this case all installations will be silent, the final end user will never see any branding at all (and the intermediate user that requested the branding will need to provide a minimal documentation for the silent installation): the end user will need to modify the installer.properties in order to have your setup installed in a different location, for example.
0 Kudos