cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosrednayduj
Level 7

Putting a newline character into a string

In order to work around another problem (I would like to set $INSTALL_SUCCESS$ to one of the warning or error values when a certain set of conditions occurs, which the base installer itself doesn't realize are error conditions, but $INSTALL_SUCCESS$ is read-only), I now want to set a variable to the message to be displayed upon "successful install". However, to make this message nicely formatted, I would like to insert newline characters into it.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could use $line.separator$ or something? Wouldn't it be nice if I didn't have to resort to custom code to format my message?

Is this possible? I can't find any documentation, but maybe my search strings are inadequate. I have tried $line.separator$ and $java.line.separator$ but I'm tired of guessing (and I'm actually guessing it's not available).

Meantime, I suppose I'll write FormatMessage.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
nosrednayduj
Level 7

I found it. $prop.line.separator$. Dunno why it was so hard to find; probably because I was searching for something specific to line separator rather than general "get property".
0 Kudos