cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsilva
Level 3

Product name not listed in Add or Remove programs

Hi,

I am creating an installer for windows using InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 bundled with VM together with the package. When i install the package into my machine, the Add or Remove programs doesnt show up the product name installed. But all the files have been copied to the destination location.

Could anyone let me know why is the product name not showing up in Add or Remove programs?

Thanks,
Dsilva
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

That's strange; does your product tree in the Install task contain the Uninstall $PRODUCT_NAME$ action? Is the uninstaller executable being created in the installation directory? Is the project somehow setting $REGISTER_UNINSTALLER_WINDOWS$ to "false"?
0 Kudos
Dsilva
Level 3

Hi,

I checked with my installer package. The install task contains the Uninstall $PRODUCT_NAME$ being set and assigned to some product features.

Secondly, i find that the uninstaller.exe for the product is not being created under user folder.

Please do let me know how can i proceed further.

Regards,
Dsilva
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps create a run-time log file to investigate why the uninstaller executable is not being created?
0 Kudos
ztulloch
Level 2

I had the same problem with my project. At some point, during numerous installer tweaks, my application stopped appearing in the add/remove programs on Windows. In addition, only the xml file was being created, none of the other uninstall files were being created. I have spent 4 days trying to fix the problem, but to no avail. I have tried pretty much everything I could think of. In the end I recreated the installer from scratch. Its identical to the 'broken' one, but it successfully adds itself to the add/remove programs applet. If your application installer isn't too complicated I would recommend rebuilding from scratch and making a backup before you make any changes. If I had done this in the first place, I would have saved myself a lot of time.
0 Kudos