cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knipping
Level 3

Problem: nontrivial projects do not load anymore

While yesterday everything was fine, today my project would not load anymore (including an older backup). If I load my project from the start panel, the start panel just keeps staying there with all buttons disabled. I *can* load an empty project. If I load my real project afterwards, the mouse symbol indicates working status forever. I can still click on the different panels. The first two, "Project" and "Installer UI", show the correct content for the project, but all other panels still have the data from the fresh, empty project.

Recreating the project is almost impossible as it is the result from a years of work with several versions of IA. I really hope there is somebody who can help me!

I do not know is it is connected to the problem, but there is another, less important strangeness since today: I always get the update panel opened, listing IA 2009 SP 2 for different platforms as updates, although I am using IA 2009 Enterprise SP 2 (as it is also shown in the startup panel). Selecting the do-not-show-again option does not keep them from re-appearing.

Feels like a really bad Aprils Fools joke ...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Hello

Don't you have source code management (CVS, SVN etc.) and thus going back to the last working version?
0 Kudos
knipping
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Hello

Don't you have source code management (CVS, SVN etc.) and thus going back to the last working version?

Yes, I finally managed to get an older version working again. (Though versions that used to work before did not work anymore; I had to go skip several previously working versions. Anyway, I used my Easter holiday to catch up again.)
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Did you, by any chance, manually edit the .iap_xml project files before they stopped working?
0 Kudos
knipping
Level 3

No, these files were generated by IA. I *did* once edit an earlier version of this project when I migrated the project to a different computer to adjust the file paths. However, this was over a year ago, the edited version and it descendants were running fine until recently.
0 Kudos