Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandy_2008
Level 7

Panel: Choose Folder

I have set some values here in Choose Folder Panel:

Default folder: C:\sandy\1.0
Selected folder: INSTALL_DIR

When the panel appears, I see 'INSTALL_DIR' string in the bar. Only when clicking 'Restore default values, I see "C:\sandy\1.0" in the bar.
Shouldn't the default value should be present when the panel appears?
Also, if user changes this path and put "C;\sandy\product\1.0", shouldn't hsi value is stored in "INSTALL_DIR" variable ???
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps try surrounding the variable name with dollar signs: $INSTALL_DIR$.
0 Kudos
sandy_2008
Level 7

Do you mean to say that the selected folder name should be '$INSTALL_DIR$??
I guess no.. right?
I'm using java code for the next panel, after the Choose Folder panel, where I display this value, and I have seen the default value C:\sandy\1.0 appears there even if user changes that path in Choose Folder panel.

My java code looks like this:

CustomCodePanelProxy ccpp;
String defaultInstPath = (String)
ccpp.getVariable("INSTALL_DIR");

0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I mean that in the customizer for the Choose Folder action, perhaps try $INSTALL_DIR$ instead of INSTALL_DIR as the Selected Folder setting. With the former, the default setting (in my case C:\demo) shows up at run time; with the latter, literal INSTALL_DIR shows up (as you described).

For testing, I followed that panel with a Show Message panel that displays $INSTALL_DIR$, and the correct (changed) value appeared.
0 Kudos
sandy_2008
Level 7

Thanks Robert..
When I used $INSTALL_DIR$, instead of INSTALL_DIR, the default value does appear correctly. This is strange, because I was earlier using IA7.1.3 and INSTALL_DIR worked fine.
Anyways, there is one problem as I said before still exist here..
In the Choose Folder Panel, I got the default value "C:\sandy\1.0", and when I click next, in the next panel, where I display this value again through my custom code shown below, the value appears correctly. If I go back and change this value from "C:\sandy\1.0" to "C:\sandy2008\1.0", and click next, I see the old value "C:\sandy\1.0" in this panel. Why the value is not getting refreshed?
0 Kudos