cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scarney
Level 5

Output to STDERR is always in 3's

[LIST=1]
  • In the Log Settings area of the Project, I am redirecting STDERR and STDOUT to the log.
  • In JVM Settings, I goto the Installer Settings tab and add the following under Additional arguments, '-Dlax.debug.level=5 -Dlax.debug.all=true'

I am noticing my output is in triplicate. Ex:

== INSTALLER ERRORS ============================================================================
    Administrator privilege is required to run this software.
    Please login as a user with administrator rights and then
    run the installation.

run the installation.

run the installation.

== INSTALLER WARNINGS ============================================================================
    Configuration Warnings not accessible because you don't have admin rights.

== INSTALLER INFORMATION =========================================================================
    Configuration Information not accessible because you don't have admin rights.

When I am outputting this from my Java CustomCodeRule class, I am doing this:

PrintWriter CfgWriter;
    try {
    CfgWriter = new PrintWriter( Log, "UTF-8" );
    CfgWriter.write( "== INSTALLER ERRORS ===========================================" );
    CfgWriter.write( Errors );
    CfgWriter.write( "== INSTALLER WARNINGS ==========================================" );
    CfgWriter.write( Warnings );
    CfgWriter.write( "== INSTALLER INFORMATION ========================================" );
    CfgWriter.write( Info );
    }
    catch ( IOException ioe ) {
    setIOE( ioe.getMessage );
    }

where 'setIOE' is a function that sets some flags.

When I run this code in Netbeans, it is one of each. Only when I run it under InstallAnywhere do I get these triplicates. Is there something wrong with my extra arguments?
    CfgWriter.write
  • Labels (1)
    0 Kudos
    (1) Reply
    scarney
    Level 5

I was calling methods in my class to update the cumulative string, Errors. As soon as I perform those operations inside of evaluateRule, then the triplicate output goes away. What is it about calling a method to do the work that causes this?

--
    Sandy
    0 Kudos