cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandayk
Level 2

No prompt in Linux install - console mode & issue with uninstallation

I am running the evaluation edition of IA2012 and have the following questions, please clarify

1. when I run the installer on Linux platform in console mode, no prompt is displayed. There are only a couple of dotted lines forming the box (i guess this is to show the progress) and the files/folders are installed on the home path. I thought the panels defined under Pre-install section that are displayed as dialogs in windows will appear as prompts in Linux, is that not correct? (the most important I was expecting is the prompt for install location)

2. During uninstallation I am getting the following error (FYI - I have bundled the JVM with the binary)

For windows - Win64 platform is not supported by the author
For Linux - "No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH
environment variable. You must install a VM prior to
running this program."

Can you please let me know if I am missing some setting or configuration which solve the above issues?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Hi,

1. Is the project created out of a basic template? If so, then you will have to add the console panels explicitly. Otherwise the installation happens without any prompts.

2. Can you give some more details like which win/linux system, bundled jvm are you using?
0 Kudos
mandayk
Level 2

Thanks for the response.

RamyaVenkatesh wrote:
Hi,

1. Is the project created out of a basic template? If so, then you will have to add the console panels explicitly. Otherwise the installation happens without any prompts.

[Kannan] - I have added the panels from the preinstall action list. Infact these panels are displayed fine on Windows. Are the panels specific to OS? If so where do we specify the OS?

2. Can you give some more details like which win/linux system, bundled jvm are you using?

[Kannan] - Linux system - 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
bundeld jvm - SunJRE170_03Linux64.vm (This was downloaded from flexera web site)
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Check if there are any rules to the pre-install console panels action group. If you can see the console panels on windows, there is no reason it won't appear on non-windows unless you have a Check Platform rule.

Please share your project and if possible.
0 Kudos
Johnny_Pontiac
Level 3

Hey Mandeyk,

If you open your project in the IA Designer then navigate to the Pre-Install section, you'll notice some default base panels: Panel: Introduction, Panel: Choose Install Folder, Panel: Pre-Install Summary. If you want to have console versions of these panels, you need to explicitly add them by doing an "Add Action..." then selecting the corresponding consoles under the "Consoles" tab of "Choose an action".
0 Kudos
Johnny_Pontiac
Level 3

Oh, and you also need to check "Console" under 'Allowable UI Modes' under "Installer UI" -> "Look & Feel". But looks like you might have already figured that out.
0 Kudos