cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghav
Level 3

No creating shortcut icons for all users

I have created a small project and changed default shortcut folder to "All Users Program Menu" \ My_Product and built executable on windows.

While installing the application, changed the shortcut folder to "My_Produc" (not the default one). This is not creating shortcut icons for all users (creating only on current users profile).
Can anyone help me in creating icons for all users even if we change shortcut folder at the time of installation.

Regards,
Raghav
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
raghav
Level 3

I have created a small project and changed default shortcut folder to"All Users Program Menu" \ My_Product and built installer on windows.

While installing the application, changed the shortcut folder to "My_Produc" (not the default one). This is not creating shortcut icons for all users (creating only on users profile).
Can anyone help me in creating icons for all users even if we change shortcut folder at the time of installation.

Regards,
Raghav
0 Kudos
raghav
Level 3

Is this a bug in IA? If so any plan to fix in next release?

Regards,
Raghav
0 Kudos
jayanmn
Level 3

Giving new value to program group when the "create icons for all users" checked makes the GUI value inconsistent. :mad:

We expect the user short cuts to be like below.

$USER_SHORTCUTS$: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A new progamgroup

However it actually ignored the checkbox. And set the value to
$USER_SHORTCUTS$: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A new progamgroup. This is clear if the user goes to next panel and comes back. The variable is unchecked.

If the user really checks the checkbox (probably uncheck first and then check it again), then the USER_SHORTCUTS looks correct and short cuts are created correctly. However it is so easy to miss.
0 Kudos