cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

Native installer binaries for HP-UX/AIX?

Can IA 2008 EE create native installer.bin for HP-UX (PA_RISC2 and Itanium) and AIX >= 5.3 (with 6.1) ?

(with bundled JVM)

Has anybody tested IA2008 for Windows Server 2008 (RC)?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
amul_mitm
Level 4

Hi,

I am using my product's installer on HP-UX 11i on HP 9000 series server. I works just fine. but be sure to bundle the JVM along with it. Also you need to use the correct JVM pack for the installer. (Linux JVM DOES NOT work on HP-UX). Haven't come across IBM-AIX but I'm about to very soon. Will tell you about that at that time.
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

I found another feature list that lists explicit HP-UX Itanium and AIX 5.3.

Does anybody know, when the next release is planned and if the problem
IOC-000064168 (On Windows XP AMD 64-bit machine, the check platform rule fails.) will be fixed?
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Thanks for the answer.

amul_mitm wrote:
Hi,

I am using my product's installer on HP-UX 11i on HP 9000 series server. I works just fine. but be sure to bundle the JVM along with it. Also you need to use the correct JVM pack for the installer. (Linux JVM DOES NOT work on HP-UX). Haven't come across IBM-AIX but I'm about to very soon. Will tell you about that at that time.

Sounds good. Of course I don't ship the linux VM... I'm familiar creating JVM bundles for different platforms, because I'm currently use IS MP.
The product description isn't clearly enough. So I'm not sure about creating native installer for these platforms and if bundling of 64bit VMs for them.
0 Kudos