cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khansen
Level 5

Modify the installing message

I am wondering if there is a way to change the message that is displayed while installing a speed folder? By default the message is "Installing ...". I would like to be able to set a variable or something to display "Installing ...".
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
greatusa
Level 3

khansen wrote:
I am wondering if there is a way to change the message that is displayed while installing a speed folder? By default the message is "Installing ...". I would like to be able to set a variable or something to display "Installing ...".

I am not aware of how you can do that, but you could hack their resource bundle and replace that "Installing..." with your own (without any arg). In fact, I do not understand what the rationale for forcing user to even use the static "Installing...." string. We want to put whatever we need there, period.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I don't know about that string specifically, but you can modify so-called dynamic strings in the custom_en (or other custom_locale) file in the project_namelocales directory of your build output; and modify so-called static strings in the ...IA/resource/i18nresources/custom_en (or other locale's equivalent) file.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Obviously, modifying the static strings will affect ALL your installers.
0 Kudos