cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
safarik
Level 3

Modify features tree

Hello,

I am testing if InstallAnywhere will satisfy our needs for installer and I hit one issue I am not sure how to achieve.

We need to install application features according to provided license. Is there a way how to modify tree list of available features on Custom install set panel?

It would be ok just to hide them so user cannot select them if they are not available for him according to license. Even better would be to have possibility to show the feature in tree list but disabled (unselectable) so user knows it is available generally but not with his license. Is there any API functions to interact with element in the panel or to influence programmatically how feature selection list is build?

Thank you

Tomas Safarik
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hi,

It is possible to show or not show "install sets" component list by adding a rule in the "Organization/Install Sets" for the 'feature' you want to show or not.

The rule should match to a variable that will take effect at the time the "Choose Install Sets" panel will be displayed (pre-install task).

I don't think it is possible to only gray out a 'feature' not selectable without creating your own custom panel.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
madhavbantwal
Level 6

Hi safarik,

Assuming your using InstallAnywhere 2010

Am sure u can easily achieve your requirement mentioned in your post using Build configuration and Tag Association and then creating Separate Installers for separate category users(or licences).

This will help you list out specific features for specific category of installation.

Thanks,

Madhav Pai

InstallAnywhere-Engineering
Flexera Software
0 Kudos
safarik
Level 3

Hello,

thanks both for your anwers.

I was able to remove (hide) individual product features from feature tree using rules comparing IA variables and their values.

Though "grey out" unlicensed features is not possible. And probably would require creating custom panel.

Tomas Safarik
0 Kudos