cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitaks2
Level 5

Migration to IA2011 Fail

Hi All,
I tried to migrate my IA2009 project file to IA2011 and tried to build through ant, but getting following error.

-------------------------------------
[buildinstaller] Building Installer...
[buildinstaller] Build Configuration Name: Migrated_Configuration

[buildinstaller] Active Build Options: Merge module Default Optimize By Platform

[buildinstaller] InstallAnywhere temporary directory is located at:: E:\myproject_test\checkout\merge-modules\install\.buildinstaller1.
[buildinstaller] Creating build directories...
[buildinstaller] [ 2011-11-20 22:27:19 ] BUILD STARTING
[buildinstaller] Preparing to build......
[buildinstaller] Adding other errors: The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
[buildinstaller] Build failure: The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
[buildinstaller] null
[buildinstaller] Closed.
[buildinstaller] The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
[buildinstaller] Please associate the Uninstaller (Create Uninstaller Action) with the "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component"
[buildinstaller] EXITING: 801

BUILD FAILED

It ask about to add uninstaller component . but its is aleadt there when i just open my old iap file(IA2009) to IA2011. My primary concern is to build my project with IA2011.

Can any one help me out to understand and debug this ant build error??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I think that this might be a new limitation in IA2011, whereas in older versions it was possible to build projects without an Uninstaller component, is no longer possible to do that in IA2011. I think that this was introduced in IA2010, I remember wanting to migrate to that version and I've seen a similar error.
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

How did you resolved this issue?
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Actually, I didn't, I haven't migrated.
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

infatct it got resolved by above link. selecting the component in install section( which was added in component section)
0 Kudos