cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i_am_xoerk
Level 3

Loop action's while installing

Hi,

I'm a newbie in InstallAnywhere, i'm using IA 2010.
Is there a way to loop active group or any action? i have a list of actions that i want to loop over, I sow in the pre-install Jump to target and Add target Label.

Is there anything similar in the install section?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Could you please be a little more specific about your scenario? What kind of actions would you like to loop and for how many times or how much time? Install the same set of files, for instance, in different folders?
0 Kudos
i_am_xoerk
Level 3

Hi,

I'm using the set windows registry to add multiple enters according to the user selection.
In our system there is ability to install several languages, the user chose with check-box at the pre-install part, the language he wants to install.

example: in the pre-install the user choose to install EN,HE,AR,KO
we should enter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XXX\Recognition Context\$RC_LANGUAGE$

where $RC_LANGUAGE$ should be for each language.

At the end we should be enter:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XXX\Recognition Context\EN
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XXX\Recognition Context\HE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XXX\Recognition Context\AR
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\XXX\Recognition Context\KO

I thought i could run this script with a loop for all the chosen languages that the user choose,
Can we do it some how? without using custom code action?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Maybe it would be easier to make a loop in a .bat file?
0 Kudos
i_am_xoerk
Level 3

Its possible but its easier to do it inside the installer, i need to use parameters from the installers and from the user input, i have some SQL script that are depended on that user input so i thought to add them also inside the loop as well.

I know there is a possibility to do loops inside the pre-install,
is there a way to do it also inside the install?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As the Jump To Target Action doesn't seem to be available in the Install task, so I would say the loop is not possible in the Install task (which I think it makes sense).
0 Kudos