cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitaks2
Level 5

Locales problem in IA2010

Hi all,

QUES1:I have requirement of multilingual installer(eng,spanish).I can not find options to select language for my product in IA2010.From where i can find my locales to replicate and change accordingly?

However in IA2008 EE there were options to select my locales.

QUES2
:we have one installer file but i want to make 10 inataller with change locales files(diffrent for all 10 products).Can we locate automatically to pick customised custome_en file(c:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2010 Enterprise\resource\i18nresources) for my diffrent-diffrent project? or there could be any work arround for thius problem?Please suggest for the same.

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi Amit,

Answer to Question 1:
You can choose the locales on which you want to build the installer in Build > (Select Configuration) > Locales.
Then go to Project > Config > Installer Arguements and put
-Dlax.locales.all=true

You should now be able to run your installer in the locale of your choice, either using the choice in the language selection box on your installers splash screen or using a command line flag -l

Question 2: Can you please elaborate your scenario, I did not fully understand your requirement.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

QUES2:
I want to build two product one for installing sw and another for upgrading my sw.In case one we get message installing.....however in upgrade installer i want to display message like upgrading......But the problem is that for showing upgrading....we need to change the text in "custome_en" (C:\Program Files\Macrovision\InstallAnywhere 8.0 Enterprise\resource\i18nresources).But here we have a frequent requirement of building both the installer(installing...,upgrading...).So for doing this we need to change "custome_en" file manually every time.

We want to pick customised "custome_en" file diffrently for both the diffrent product(installing.. , upgrading...).

Is there any workaround for this problem??

Thanks in advance.
Level 6

Hi Amit,

This is a question for InstallAnywhere 8.0 whereas this forum is dedicated for InstallAnywhere 2010.

In 2010, You could probably have one configuration for your install scenario and other configuration for your upgrade scenario.

Associate an external resource bundle with your project and then try referencing a external resource bundle in your i18nresources\custom_en.

Please go thru the user guide on how to use the external resource bundle.

Thanks,
0 Kudos