cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuthatch
Level 2

Lion support?

Is there support in any level of InstallAnywhere for creating installers for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)? I was told that installers built with IA are flagged as PowerPC applications and would not run on Lion.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Hello! I've just checked the IA 2011 release notes, where it says: "Macintosh Mac OS X 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 (Snow Leopard)". So even the latest IA version doesn't support the latest Mac OS X version, 10.7.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

We have a bunch of installers based on IA 2011 and none of those are working now on Lion :S, this is a blocker issue for us so we need a fix asap ..I searched the entire site for a status update on this but can't find anything 😞
0 Kudos
glogic
Level 3

Untrue. We built applications using IA 2010 and were able to install on Intel Macs without the use of Rosetta.

Our installers built with 2010 do not work on Lion, but not because of PowerPC issues. Lion has some deep changes from snow leopard. I have bugged flexera support about when they will support 10.7, and the answer was that they would wait until Lion was officially released, then the engineering team would go over it to determine when it would be supported.
0 Kudos