cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusku
Level 5

Jre bundling, but do not want to install

Hi,
I have a requirement where my installer should not install the jre, but my IA installer and Uninstallers should work on the target machine which doesn't have the jre preinstalled on it.what I am trying to convey is I will bundle the JVM but I do not want to Install it on the target machine. I will bundle because my IA installers should work on the target machine which doesn't have jre installed.Please help me on how to achieve this.

Regards,
Ajay.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MEinstaller
Level 7

If I'm understanding correctly it sounds like you don't want to bundle in a jre and you want to use java on the system you are installing your software on but you don't want to install the jre. Is this correct?

IA installers are java based and must have a jre in order to run, if you don't bundle one with your installer it must find java on the system where the installer is being run otherwise the installer will not run. You must have java present to run java apps which IA is.
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

ok, I understand on what u are telling but if I bundle the JRE in my IA installer,during installation it will override the jre which is already present in my software which is being packaged. How do I avoid this. I wanna use the jre which comes with my software.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Open your project in the Advanced Designer and in the Project/Java section you've got this Bundled Virtual Machine option: set it to Always install and it'll be this one which will be used by the installed application.
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

I have an app which installs a jre directory for use by the application and I use the same jre for the installer. I made sure they were the same version and named it jre (which my app is looking for) and made sure that the installer named the jre it was installing jre so that both the installer and the app would find it.
0 Kudos