cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrisca
Level 3

Java Splash Screen Support

Hi,

I have a nice splash screen implemented for my Java application that shows some nice informative details about the application starting up like validating license, initialising application context, etc...

I am using the built Java support for displaying splash screen images, e.g. java -splash:images/splash.gif.

I cannot seem to incorporate this into InstallAnywhere. I have tried adding this parameter into the application .LAX file at the command line arguments property, but doing this just stops the application from working completely and it does not start up at all.

Is there a solution to this rather than attempting to redo my splash screen using InstallAnywhere's fancy way!

Regards,
Paul
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK the splash is displayed by the application itself, and not by the IA.
0 Kudos
barrisca
Level 3

Well that's sort of right. But going by the documentation one of the ways to implement the splash screen is to pass the command line argument to the application specifying the location of the image to use as the splash screen.

Specifying that in the LAX properties file seems like the only place to pass in command line arguments and it doesn't work.

I'd be interested to know how other people have solved this.
0 Kudos
barrisca
Level 3

Eventually found the answer

lax.nl.java.option.additional=-splash:splash.jpg

The lax.nl.java.option.additional allow you to pass arguments verbatim to the application and VM.
0 Kudos