cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praveen_Durbha
Level 6

JVM problem on Linux

Hi,

I am having issues with the .LAX file on Linux.

The .LAX file (that gets installed during installation) has the following entry in it.

lax.nl.current.vm = vm/bin/java

When I launch the uninstaller, the uninstallation fails as its unable to find the installed JVM in the path above.

However, when I manually change the above entry in the .LAX file to

lax.nl.current.vm = ../_jvm/bin/java

and relaunch the uninstaller, the uninstallation succeeds.

How can I debug this problem so I won't have to manually edit the .LAX file?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Do you install any VM and if yes, where? Does the vm/bin/java exist?
0 Kudos
Praveen_Durbha
Level 6

I got this resolved through tech. support..

I have a follow-up question, however..

I need to install the JVM in a folder different from the default user install directory.. To accomplish this, I am using a Magic Folder Variable. I have the VM Install folder in Project --> Java set to $USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_5$ ( I am setting this variable using the "Set IA Variable Action" in the install section of my project.).so I have the variable set like this

$USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_5$ = /usr/local/gehc-it

When I run the installer, the JVM doesn't get installed in the directory above..not sure why..

Thanks
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Would you care to share with us how your issue was solved?
0 Kudos
Praveen_Durbha
Level 6

Sure..I don't know how it happened, but I ended up with 3 "InstallAnywhere VM Components" and i was supposed to have only 1 under Org --> Components

This was interfering with the JVM that was getting bundled in the installer..The issue was fixed however by changing the default VM Install folder from _jvm to jre under Project --> Java

The Magic Folder issue was resolved as well

If you are using magic folders to change the default install location, just remember to set the variable in the pre-install section before the "Choose Install Folder Panel"
0 Kudos