cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slagiset
Level 2

JVM Selection criteria?

Hi Everyone,

I want to specify the JVM path relative to the installer launch directory.

We do not use bundled JVM. We pick the JVM which is located one directory above the "Installer Launch Dir", the directory name is JDK. So, I am trying to specify the JVM, installer should pick in the following way:

Project -> Config -> Installer Valid VM List -> IBM_JRE_1.6*

Project -> Platforms -> Windows -> Search Paths (I have one entry)

$INSTALLER_LAUNCH_DIR$\..\JDK\ - All Levels

JDK directory is on the root directory and the installer is under one of the sub-directories. Following is the layout:

ROOT
|
|-----------+ JDK
|
|-----------+ Installer_dir\setup.exe

When I launch the installer, the installer throws a launcher error saying, "Could not find a valid Virtual machine to load. You may need to reinstall a supported Java virtual machine". 😞

Can anyone let me know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Is installer size the reason for which you do not bundle a JVM or is it because it's a JDK? You can bundle a JDK if you want.
0 Kudos
slagiset
Level 2

>> pv7721 Is installer size the reason for which you do not bundle a JVM or is it because it's a JDK? You can bundle a JDK if you want.

Thanks for your quick reply Vlad.

Am not sure about the reason for not bundling JVM with the installer?

But, ISMP supported this feature to search for the JVM relative to the installer launch directory. Am looking for a similar one in IA too.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, it might be possible that the feature that you're looking for, that used to exist in ISMP, is not present in IA... So if size it's not an issue, I strongly recommend to bundle along a JVM with your installer...
0 Kudos