cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik_008
Level 7

JAVA_HOME is pointing to jre

Hi All

I am using install anywhere variable $JAVA_HOME$ to set JAVA_HOME through installer and it is pointing to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7" instead of pointing C:\Program Files\Java\jdk. we are unable to find the tomcat version because of this reason.could anybody help me how to set JAVA_HOME to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk.

Regards,
Sreekanth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Hi Sreekanth,

The JAVA_HOME variable will be pointing to the directory from where java was picked by the installer to launch. Since your installer is picking jre, the JAVA_HOME variable is having the jre home instead of jdk home.

If you want the JAV_HOME to be pointing to a jdk, then you can do one of the following-
1. Make sure there is only pure jdk installed on the system, so that this will be picked by the installer
2. Provide a LAX_VM argument to the installer, pointing to the jdk
3. Create a With VM installer using a JDK vm pack

In all of these cases, the JAVA_HOME will be pointing to a jdk. Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,
Ramya
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

RamyaVenkatesh wrote:
Hi Sreekanth,

The JAVA_HOME variable will be pointing to the directory from where java was picked by the installer to launch. Since your installer is picking jre, the JAVA_HOME variable is having the jre home instead of jdk home.

If you want the JAV_HOME to be pointing to a jdk, then you can do one of the following-
1. Make sure there is only pure jdk installed on the system, so that this will be picked by the installer
2. Provide a LAX_VM argument to the installer, pointing to the jdk
3. Create a With VM installer using a JDK vm pack

In all of these cases, the JAVA_HOME will be pointing to a jdk. Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,
Ramya

Hi Ramya,

Thank you for reply,where i can find the LAX_VM argument in installer

Regards,
Sreekanth
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

It's a command line argument to the installer, something like- install.exe LAX_VM
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

Hi Ramya,

I there another chance to set JAVA_HOME to jdk path through the installer instead of using command line arguments.

Regards,
Sreekanth
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

As I mentioned earlier, you can use a vm pack created using jdk and build a with vm installer.

Alternatively, you can try the JVM Search Settings for every build target under Build Installers > Build configuration > Expand Build atrget node > JVM Search Settings. Configure a spec file such that the installer can pick only JDK to launch. Add this spec file to the corresponding build target. This way you can make sure the picked java is of jdk only. Please check the online help for JVM Spec Search.

Thanks,
Ramya
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

Hi Ramya,

I have tried to modify the jvmspec file from the following location \resource\jvms but i am getting error as access denined. can you tell me how to modify the jvmspec file

Regards,
Sreekanth
0 Kudos
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,
I think you dont have administrator privilege to do modification in that location, due to which you are getting access denied message. Try opening the file as Admin will solve the problem.

Regards,
Utsab Karmakar
0 Kudos