cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2009
Level 2

Is it possible to do this with IA?

Hi,
I'm new to IA. and I have some questions if it's possible to do this with IA?

1. Put a check if the user is either Administrator or belongs to Administrator group, just when the installer is started.
2. Have component dependency. (ex. to make component2 dependent on component1)
3. Uninstall individual components. (ex. I want to uninstall only selected components and not all of them)
4. Handling of dependent components on uninstallation.
5. Repair option. (ex, I installed component 1. In the next installation, I want to install only component 2 or I want to remove component1 and install component2)

Kindly help or redirect me to the useful and related links in the forums.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

1. Yes, it is possible. You've got a method for that in the API (but it works only on Windows). On Unix you might need to resort to some workarounds, like running the id command, which will return the user id of the user that has launched the installer. If it's 0 then it's root (admin) or equivalent...

2. Not sure but I think it's possible.

3. Yes.

4. Same as 2.

5. Yes, but it's a little bit complicated (i.e. it's not automatically handled like for other Windows-based installers)
0 Kudos
user2009
Level 2

hmm.. not really impressed with IA. Wondering why then it's so popular. May be because it supports multi platforms.

Thanks Vlad. Also, does IA rollbacks cleanly if setup is cancelled in post-installation stage?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Mmmm... no... but it has been requested for quite a few years now...
0 Kudos