cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narendhran1
Level 5

InvocationTargetException

Hi frenz,

I am currently working with IA 8.0.1 Enterprise edition...
We have a customer who uses Windows XP which is installed with Turkish language and the regional settings set to Turkish... Now the problem is we gave a installer built with English as locales,installation is sucessfull but i cant able to uninstall the same....It throws error... here i am attching the error details..Also i cheked the same issue in Windows Xp installed with US English, and ten i changed regional settings to Turkish language and ten i installed my product which is built with english locales , the issue remains the same.... its very urgent can anyone point me out here...

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Installer.setPreInstallActions(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.d(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.b(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.j(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

You have the obvious workaround to set the locales to English before attempting the uninstallation.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

I dont get u PV7721,

Can u just tell me how to proceed...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Your installer is set to work for English locales, right? Installation works on Turkish locales, uninstallation doesn't work. So before uninstalling have them change the locales from Turkish to English and try again to uninstall.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

I Checked with what u said but still i have the same problem
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

So what is their main issue then? That they cannot uninstall? If this is the case, then I guess that the only workaround is to make a manual uninstallation procedure.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

HI pv7721,

I too said but it is in presales so they r not accepting, so i need a solution here..

I just found some reason, check whether u can found full fledge output...
I have a done sample project without bundling any VM in English as locales and i installed it in Turkish OS its installing and uninstalling correctly....

But with the same project if i bundle with VM ,it is installing successfuly but not uninstalling...
Can u guess wat may be the reason.......

Also check the debug errot attached... there is some unicode letters
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, what you could try is to rebuilt your project with a newer version of IA, say IA 2009 SP 1 and see if the issue was fixed.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

Stilll we havent purchased 2009.. but anyway tanx for ur response
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, if you had maintenance it would have come free of cost... but there is no need to buy it if it doesn't solve your issue. But what you can do is to download the evaluation version and try it for free for 3 weeks.

On the other hand, do you have any Turkish support in your installed software? If not, then you could say that you support only an English OS.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

Atlast my problem solved............

Actually the issue is with bundling jre.... In Turkish locale there is some known propertyLoader problem is ter when we bundle jre 1.5 with the installer, so i just bundle jre 1.6 with the installer and the uninstaller is working now..... tanx for ur response once again..
0 Kudos