cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankzeng
Level 3

Installer quit unexpectedly on solaris

My installer is created by installanhywhere 2008 VP1 with NO VM bundled. After the splash the installer quit with stack trace on Solaris. This is really urgent and can somebody help me please. Thanks in advance.

Launching installer...

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
at javax.swing.text.BoxView.updateLayoutArray(BoxView.java:197)
at javax.swing.text.BoxView.replace(BoxView.java:168)
at javax.swing.text.CompositeView.loadChildren(CompositeView.java:97)
at javax.swing.text.CompositeView.setParent(CompositeView.java:122)
at javax.swing.text.html.BlockView.setParent(BlockView.java:55)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$RootView.setView(BasicTextUI.java:1214)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI.setView(BasicTextUI.java:593)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI.modelChanged(BasicTextUI.java:581)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTextUI$UpdateHandler.propertyChange(BasicTextUI.java:1680)
at javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(SwingPropertyChangeSupport.java:264)
at javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(SwingPropertyChangeSupport.java:232)
at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(JComponent.java:3819)
at java.awt.Component.setComponentOrientation(Component.java:6987)
at javax.swing.text.JTextComponent.setComponentOrientation(JTextComponent.java:443)
at ZeroGis.setComponentOrientation(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.installpanels.LicenseAgrActionPanel.h(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.installpanels.LicenseAgrActionPanel.g(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.installpanels.LicenseAgrActionPanel.b(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.api.priv.ZGInstallPanelProxy.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.d(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

If you've chosen not to bundle ANY VM it means that your installer is running with one of the VM available on your Solaris machine. So it really comes down to the combination of your OS version, OS architecture (is that Sparc / x86) and your VM version (and maybe also the patchlevel required in order to install the VM); therefore it is strongly recommended to bundle a VM, even if that means growing the installer: you'll thus insure that you'll always have the correct VM version that your installer needs for running (and maybe your application needs it too!)
0 Kudos
frankzeng
Level 3

Thanks. The strange thing is after I reboot the Solaris server, the installer comes up ok. And another user recreate the same problem on another Solaris, after reboot, it worked OK. We don't have time to rebuild the installer now, we just need an explanation how this can happen. Is it still something related to the VM installed on Solaris server? It is JDK1.4.12_16. The Solaris is SUNOS 5.10-64 bit. Thanks.
0 Kudos
frankzeng
Level 3

Another question is: if there is no VM bundled and there are multiple VM installed on the server, how does installer locate which VM to use? Thanks.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

He has an internal algorithm you can check (just take a look at laxunix.sh in the resource subfolder of your IA installation), but it also depends on the limit you set (for instance you can say your installer needs at least version 1.5 in order to run and on the system only version 1.4 is installed, then the installer will report that no suitable VM was found).
0 Kudos
frankzeng
Level 3

Hi, pv7721, does the ArrayIndexOutofBoundException happen during the VM search algorithm or it already past the point since it happened when trying to display the first panel (license and agreement)? How come the installer works after I reboot the server? We need to explain this to the customer before we can do any change on our IA project. I really appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The exception you mentioned might or might not be important (for instance, our installer displays it in the debug console, but that's it, no other trouble besides that. At this point, I can only reiterate my advice to bundle a JVM you know the installer will work against (there are such VM packs ready made on the Acresso Software).
0 Kudos