cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larosd
Level 3

Installer not working in console mode

I have tried to run an install on SuSE Linux and RedHat with no X desktop available and the installer will not run. It tells me to run with the -i option to run in command line mode. I've tried "-i console", "-i Console" and "-i Silent" options with no success.

I've read something about the installer not running if any jar files are signed, but I cannot believe this is the issue as the install works when an X server is provided and the install runs in gui mode.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Tx Domenic
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Do you support console / silent mode in your installer?
0 Kudos
larosd
Level 3

In Advanced Mode

Installer UI->Look &Feel->General UI Settings->Allowable UI Modes

There is only one checkbox for GUI. I don't have the option to select console mode here. Is there some way to turn console mode. I saw a control to make it console for Windows, but it was seemed to be mutually exclusive from the gui mode (ie. it was a radio button control).

I actually don't mind not having a console install, but the message that IA spits out when doing the install is very misleading. Seems it should say something more along the lines of "Your distribution kit does not support console mode. Please run the install in an X Windows environment." It should not tell me that there is a command line option to set the mode to gui, console or silent.

Thanks for all your feedback, Vlad.
Dom
0 Kudos
larosd
Level 3

Just read in dox that you need IA Enterprise version in order to enable Console and Silent installation modes.

I'll say again that the message the installer spits out needs to be changed so that the user knows that Console and Silent are not really an option for kits built with IA Standard version.

Tx Dom
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, even if you checked the Console AND Silent support modes, what you would have needed to do is to duplicate all panels into consoles.
I agree with you on the message but I think that the Standard version is just a locked down Enterprise version, so all the messages are the same (all the irrelevant messages (to Standard version) are still there.
0 Kudos