cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosrednayduj
Level 7

Installer log file before install is finished

Of course my installer works perfectly when I test it.

When a user tests it theirs "hangs". It's obviously doing one of my tasks, as it says "Please wait, application is being configured for your system".

After much thrashing around and getting the customer to allow me to connect to their machine via remote conferencing software, I finally figured out it was a script that was doing an operation that prompted, because the configuration of their machine was different than mine. (I'm now fixing it so that it uses the appropriate option in the command to say "overwrite".)

But what I wanted was the ability to find the partially completed install log file so I could see what operations had happened so far. I looked and looked and could not find anything that resembled my log file. I would have expected it in the TEMP dir somewhere.

This is a windows 2008 server 64 bit machine. I think I've found half-written log files on Linux before but can't remember for sure.

Is the log file anywhere prior to being renamed to the top level directory of the installation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

Unfortunately the log file is kept in memory and it is written as the last action of the setup (either if it finished correctly, incorrectly, or if it was canceled).
0 Kudos