cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhemanth
Level 2

Installanywhere 2013 build issue

We are using a install anywhere concurrent license of version 23.0 with a install anywhere 2013 client to generate an .EXE, in this process, we are getting the below exceptions: We are using a installanywhere concurrent license of version 23.0 with a install anywhere 2013 client to generate an .EXE, in this process, we are getting the below exceptions:

Below is the exception:

[build installer] UpdateService-Err>isus.UpdateServiceException: Connection timed out: connect
d.java:724)

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
vjayaraman
Revenera
Revenera

I believe you're attempting to launch an EXE/Installer that was generated by a newer version from an older version.

0 Kudos

We are trying to generate the EXE from 2013 IA client which is using 2023 license server.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with IA 2017.  it was working in Jan 2024.  nothing has changed in the code nor the machine.

Is this on Revenera side?  the site update service checks is down or something? 

0 Kudos

console.txt shows

UpdateService-Err>isus.UpdateServiceException: updates.installshield.com

i can't connect to updates.installshield.com.   is it down? 

0 Kudos

It is down. See my other comment. You just need to add -nupd as a command line argument and it skips checking in with that server.

0 Kudos

will try, thanks!

0 Kudos
JoshuaSmith
Level 3

I'm seeing the same issue. Looking around the web, I found an old thread that references http://updates.installshield.com/ which appears to be down. I also found reference to an attribute doNotUploadProfileData="true" but it's not at all clear from the thread where that attribute would go.

0 Kudos
JoshuaSmith
Level 3

Found the solution. Add -nupd after build.exe or build.command in your build scripts. Apparently that tells it to skip looking for updates. Solved the problem for me!

0 Kudos