cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpghafary
Level 2

InstallAnywhere and proxy servers

I am trying to automate the creation of installers using ant task. Each time we launch the ant build, it gets stuck on the step: Looking up Update Service knowing that I am using InstallAnywhere 2103 behind a proxy server. At this step a dialog box (image below) is displayed requiring the entry of the proxy's user name and password. The build is then paused, and won't resume until this dialog is closed.

I have noticed also the same behavior each time I need to launch InstallAnywhere (GUI).

Is there anyway to bypass this behavior? Save the proxy credentials somewhere in a .properties file maybe?!

Thanks for all the replies.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
NigelM
Level 4

jpghafary wrote:
I am trying to automate the creation of installers using ant task. Each time we launch the ant build, it gets stuck on the step: Looking up Update Service knowing that I am using InstallAnywhere 2103 behind a proxy server. At this step a dialog box (image below) is displayed requiring the entry of the proxy's user name and password. The build is then paused, and won't resume until this dialog is closed.

I have noticed also the same behavior each time I need to launch InstallAnywhere (GUI).

Is there anyway to bypass this behavior? Save the proxy credentials somewhere in a .properties file maybe?!

Thanks for all the replies.

I do not know much about the Ant task, but build.exe takes a -nupd argument that prevent s the call to the update service. May be the Ant task allows you to specify command-line options for the invoked build?
0 Kudos
dkasberg
Level 3

NigelM, were you able to get past this issue? I'm running into the same problem on IA 2012, but that command-line option doesn't seem to make a difference.
0 Kudos
NigelM
Level 4

dkasberg wrote:
NigelM, were you able to get past this issue? I'm running into the same problem on IA 2012, but that command-line option doesn't seem to make a difference.

They gave me a patch at the time when I reported this in IA2012, it was included in the base IA2013 release.
0 Kudos
varamo
Level 2

NigelM wrote:
They gave me a patch at the time when I reported this in IA2012, it was included in the base IA2013 release.

Thanks to NigelM for pointing to at least "-nupd" option.
With this key, I was able to find this option for build.xml file which helps to prevent UpdateService invocation for each build.

IALocation="${ia.dir}"
IAProjectFile="timesten.iap_xml"
BuildWorkdirLocation="build"
failOnError="true"
doNotUploadProfileData="true"/>

I hope this helps other people who fights with IA updating service 🙂
0 Kudos