cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saikirang
Level 3

InstallAnywhere 7.1 Enterprise Edition

Hello,

We have a licensed InstallAnywhere 7.1 Enterprise Edition software that we use to create installers for a product.

We build our product installer which is done by an ant script. This is in-turn invoked by Apache Continuum for creating nightly build and installer.

I've tried invoking the installer from the ant script by two methods -

(a) invoking build.exe via ant's exec task
(b) invoking via InstallAnywhere ant task (com.zerog.ia.integration.ant.InstallAnywhereAntTask).

When this is invoked via Continuum this doesn't work. It keeps throwing the error "The evaluation period has expired."

But when I call the same ant script (any of the methods a or b) from the command-line everything works fine and the installer is created.

Does anyone know why do I get the error about evaluation expired only via Continuum ??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sai Kiran
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

IA is licensed on a per-user basis. So the licensing information is saved in the user's account (at least on Windows, I suspect it's the same on Linux), so maybe the user that runs the Apache Continuum is not the same as the one that runs IA from the command line.
0 Kudos
saikirang
Level 3

My build environment is on Windows.

Continuum service ran as SYSTEM user earlier. I've now re-started continuum with the local user using which I login. I've started a build. Will know in an hours time 🙂

Thanks !!

--
Sai Kiran
0 Kudos
saikirang
Level 3

Hi pv7721,

Many thanks for the help. You were right, it was a user problem. I re-started the continuum service with my local account (earlier it was using SYSTEM) and things worked fine.

Many thanks once again.

--
Sai Kiran
0 Kudos