cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zunkination
Level 4

Install phase freezes in IDE?

Anyone else have this problem? After working in the product for a few minutes, and moving action items around in the Install phase tree, the product often locks up and becomes unresponsive. I can even get it to select more than one item in the tree (two things are bolded).

If I click off the Install phase onto another phase, then click back on Install phase, the screen doesn't refresh and show me that phase. Most of the time I have to kill the javaw process on my system to kill IA. If I try and save, it just hangs while saving!!!!

Then, I attempt to move an item to a Magic Folder (say from USER_INSTALL_DIR to USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1), I select it in the Path drop-down, and it fails to move.

Some weird stuff going on here - as I recall, we had this sort of problem with IA8, but it didn't happen in IA2009. Same system here, 4GB of RAM, plenty of available RAM while I'm running the IDE, so I don't know why this seems flaky --- really, really frustrating to work with :mad:

I reload the project, it works fine for a bit. I'm finding myself saving every few minutes because of this, and it's really slowing down development!

Its hard to find a real patten as to why this seems to happen. I run IA2009 on the same system with absolutely no problems like this. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

What's the OS running on your machine?
0 Kudos
zunkination
Level 4

XP Pro SP3
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If it's XP SP 3, then it's not 64 bit (even if you have 4 GB only 3 are used).
0 Kudos
zunkination
Level 4

You're correct, I was wrong about my RAM - I have 2GB of RAM. I was confusing this system specs with my laptop (which is 64-bit). Sorry for the confusion.

Could it be a RAM issue then?
0 Kudos