cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricks007
Level 2

Install Anywhere Licensing

Hi,

Is there a tool to find out whether the installation of Install Anywhere is licensed or not?

I ran the exe: InstallAnywhere.exe and clicked About -> Preferences -> Registration tab. On that screen it shows registered but there is no option to change license or find out which license is in use currently. We have a couple of licenses of Install Anywhere and I was trying to find out which one am I using.

Thanks,
Ricky
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

There are several things you should know about IA licensing mechanism. The older initial mechanism is per user based (i.e. the license number is associated to a named developer to be used on a single machine). Therefore, whenever you entered your IA registration number you had to enter extensive information (name address company etc.) that would have to match the existing information they had. A newer option that I'm not familiar with (i.e. we don't use it, but I know it exists) in newer version is to have a licensing server (I guess (but this is my own personal assumption, I might as well be wrong! :=) that they make use of FlexNet Publisher technology Macrovision acquired... in which your company buys a pool of licenses and you point your IA installation to a license server...

So back to your issue, in the registration tab you should have your name (or the name of the person that has registered the software) (you need to maybe pass a transfer process if the license has been acquired for a former developer, for instance) so that should give a clue on what license it is used (thus coupled with the serial number that is displayed in the splash screen).

Also, as when registering your IA copy, information is sent to Flexera Software, they have this information: if you don't have an account on http://kb.flexerasoftware.com you may request one, and in your account you should see the licenses you're using (the license number changes between versions too!)

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
bornali
Level 5

I am using IS 2009 Pro, but you should also be able to see the following in IA.
To see the license you are working with, go to 'Help'>'About InstallShield'>
This should list the product is licensed to:
name
company
serial number

cheers!
0 Kudos
dearsuresh
Level 3

Dear Friends

I need some urgent help from you guys...

advance thanks to u..

I am new to installershiled...my problem is i created new installer with my install shiled 12..

after i added all my dlls and all...and i did "batch build" to create new installer file..everything going good..but new installer is coming with "Programfiles folder".in that programfiles folder have all dlls which i include in code,,,now i copied my generated installer file and try to install,,its saying some dll is missing,,

but i copied whole new release folder and try to install,,its installing,,becoz in that folder all dlls is there in program folder,,,now my questions is why new program file is creating with all dlls...i want to use one .msi file to test other system,,its not good to give whole folder to client....pls give me idea why its creating new program files folder will all dlls

thanks in advance

regards
edara
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid you've posted in the wrong forum. This is an InstallAnywhere forum and not an InstallShield one! Please repost your issue in the correct forum, depending on your version. Also please open a new issue, don't reply to an existing issue, as otherwise it confuses things. Also please use proper spelling, as otherwise your message is hard to understand, and people are less inclined to answer.
0 Kudos