Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristina
Level 3

Incomplete Uninstallation

Hi,

I'm using both IA 7 and IA 8.

When we try to uninstall, it only uninstalls the "Uninstall Folder" and the rest of the Files are still there and the registry keys are not deleted so when the user re-installs the software it detects that the program is still installed.

I tried to add the action Execute Command with this:

REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MY PROJECT

to atleast delete the registry key during uninstallation but it's not deleting the registry key

Is there any other way to forcibly delete the registry key and the folders during uninstallation.

Please help. 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
cristina
Level 3

Hello anybody,

I'm still using both IA7 and IA8. and still trying to find a workaround when installer fails or get corrupted.:(

Now that I'm able to to delete the Registry keys by :
example
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MY PROJECT" /f

The problem I'm facing now is removing the Application in the following:

Start Menu
Program Files
Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs -> Installed Programs

Since the uninstallation is corrupted, the files remained on those locations and I'm having difficulty in finding the command lines to forcibly delete the Application on the said locations.

Also, installer gets corrupted when we try to install it on different computer users, or the user decides to stop the installation in the middle of installation.

Is there a way to prevent the installer to be corrupted? :confused:

The worst we have encountered is that the installer only installed the "Uninstall.exe" and the major files are not installed, and when we try to run the uninstall.exe it only removes the Uninstall folder in c:/Program Files/
the whole folder of the Application remains.

I hope anyone can help me with this. I'd really appreciate any help.:D
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think it's not the installer that gets corrupted, it looks more like a IA registry corruption. Look for "Zero G Registry" hidden folder in the Program Files, delete it, and your Uninstaller will start working again! 🙂
0 Kudos
munsingh
Level 6

I am facing a similar situation on Linux. Is there any equivalent of the Zero G Registry file for Linux?
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

On unix, registry file can be found in /var/.com.zerog.registry.xml
0 Kudos
munsingh
Level 6

Thankyou very much. This solved my problem. 🙂 I was just about to start loosing my sleep over this issue.

Every time I would make some changes in the installer, like modify a speed folder or add/delete a speed folder. The uninstaller would only uninstall the uninstall folder leaving everything behind.

Is there a way I can raise a bug against IA 2008 VP1 for the same?
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

I'm not sure, but I guess this is because you do not update component version when you made some changes (Project/Description & Organization/components).
0 Kudos