cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rox163
Level 5

IA variables used by InstallerProxy dont get refreshed?

Hi,

I'm creating an installer with Add Features mode where 2 properties can be edited. For ex., during installation they are set as Prop1=abc and prop2= 123. The user can run maintenance mode and changes these values.
I have a custom code action running a certain check on these properties.

Now during installation for the first time, the custom code works perfectly and i get my message dialog based on the result.
If I then run the installer in Maintenance mode, choosing "add features", I have the same sort of panel already populated with the previous values as I use the same IA variable names ex Prop1=abc and prop2= 123. The user can then change these values and click Install.
This triggers an output debug to file action that overwrites these new IA variable values in installvariables.properties (which I can see works as well). The next action is to run my custom code and it seems that when the call to InstallerProxy.substitute() goes out, it doesnt obtain these new values. It still has the old values. I have a dialog displaying the variable values after this action and they show the same old values everytime.

Does the InstallerProxy not get refreshed when the installer is run again maintenance mode? is this really the issue here or am i missing something? I hvnt found any info in the docs so far.:confused:

THank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rox163
Level 5

So i figured out my issue. There were some rules checking variables but the variables were not being reset before running the maintenance mode so they had all the old values.My bad there.

Anyway i have another problem. This custom code only seems to run in Linux. (I built my project in Linux). I created a windows installer but the custom code doesn't seem to run in Windows. i dont get any error messages about this but I can see that it skips over the code part and straight to the next panel.
Any ideas? Thanks.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Hi, it looks like you have a platform rule set on the Custom code.
0 Kudos
rox163
Level 5

Turns out it was a java version issue on the windows test machine i was using. The JVM was much older than what was supported by my installer.
0 Kudos